Special Needs Dentistry
Special needs pediatric dentistry
Children with special needs often face additional challenges when it comes to receiving the dental care they need. Some conditions may also present additional challenges when it comes to the development of their teeth. Also, many children with special needs may not be able to brush their teeth as other kids their age.
Taylorsville Pediatric Dentistry specializes in helping children with special needs. Our compassionate dentists can treat children with Down’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism, and other needs communities. Regardless of the needs of your child our goal remains the same, and that is to provide the best dental care they need for healthy smiles.
Working together to overcome barriers
It can be difficult for children with special needs to be able to brush their teeth on their own. Even teaching the basics of how to brush their teeth can be a challenge. Our team is here to work with parents and caregivers and will work with your amazing children to ensure they can receive the care they need and develop the skills they need to care for their teeth.
We have a proven five-step program that will determine the level of care they need, during which time we will make several specific recommendations that work for your child.
- Determine a patient’s abilities by asking them to demonstrate how they would brush their teeth – and provide specific recommendations based on the results.
- Provide hands-on demonstration that shows parents and caregivers on the best way to brush their children’s teeth.
- Modify toothbrush handles to facilitate ease of use.
- Provide other dental aides such as floss holders and unique toothbrushes.
- Recommend preventative fluoride and antimicrobial treatments in addition to support the child’s oral health.
Creating a relaxing and friendly environment
Our goal is to build a bond of trust between your child and our dentists. Children with special needs need to feel safe in their environment before they have their appointment. Also, sights, sounds, and lighting can cause additional stress and overwhelm children with special needs. Taylorsville Pediatric Dentistry will work to minimize stress so your child can get the care that they need. If you have questions about a treatment plan call Taylorsville Pediatric Dentistry today!
|Monday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
167 1st Ave SW.
Taylorsville, NC 28681